[TYPO3-dev] What is the purpose of sysexts?

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed May 20 09:34:03 CEST 2009

Hi,
>> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>> Main purpose is that the maintainance of sys extension is done by the
>>> core team.
>> Doesn't this also mean more "load" on the core developers?
>
> Of course. But the idea is that TYPO3 comes with a set of useful
> extension in a quality that matches that of the Core.

Although I understand the philosophy behind I don't know if it's a good
idea to bundle those extensions with the core and make the overall
package harder to maintain. Some TER-flag "core certified/maintained" or
something would also be ok in my eyes. And once the installer might be
able to load certain distribution packages, it could also automatically
fetch some "core  certified" extensions on demand.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch