[TYPO3-dev] PHP requirement

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon May 11 17:01:35 CEST 2009

Steffen Müller schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> On 05.05.2009 16:08 Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> PS: Those who fancy it will have no trouble installing PHP 5.3 ;)
>
> I think we all know now that you're a 5.3 addict ;-)

Actually I haven't used it yet :)

> But I disagree. Although I am totally keen on the release of 5.3 I would
> not install it on a production server without having
>  * a stable release
>  * packages for the distributions I use, including all modules I need.
>
> This policy is common. Especially for standard hosting. With 5.3
> requirement you would exclude a lot of users from using extbase in the
> near future.

I expect that PHP 5.3 is out in the near future. And I regard as
some-way in-between extension as ExtBase turned out to be not so
important. Especially as FLOW3 is still changing and ExtBase is just a
snapshot that won't even be updated.

For MVC I hoped to get a either a backport (like the cache framework) or
the real thing (FLOW3).

Masi