[TYPO3-dev] PHP requirement

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue May 5 09:27:44 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

> I stumbled upon a bug which breaks extbase when using PHP < 5.2.3
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/3224
> Jochen set the requirement of extbase to PHP >= 5.2.3 which resolved the
> bug.
>
> If extbase is going to be shipped as a sysext (which means it is part of
> the core), it seems logical to me to raise this PHP requirement also for
> the rest of the core. Otherwise extbase will not run on certain systems
> (Debain Etch, SUSE 10.2, ...).

The dependency was not changed since 4.2, and unless there is a strong
reason for it, I would not like to change that. TYPO3 4.3 should require
PHP 5.2, and this includes all versions starting with 5.2.0.

Btw. Debian Etch (aka "oldstable") ships with PHP 5.2.0 plus security
backports. I did not check, but I doubt that our missing feature has
been brought to that version.

So if it's missing, getPosition() must be emulated in some way...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out