[TYPO3-dev] Integration of ext:rscliem in EM

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sat May 2 08:31:52 CEST 2009

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Neutral. I think that updating extensions automatically is risky but I recognize that some people may want it.

I'm fully with you Dmitry, would never do that automatically, just added
it since somebody might have wanted it ;) (And to test what's possible...)

At all, I have several customers working on a shared hosting package.
TYPO3 does well, GIFBUILDER does well, and most problems which we know
about happening in shared hosting, do not. BUT: since the extensionslist
growed over 12thousand entries, there is not enough runtime left left to
parse all entries from xml to db.

So In generally I'm for providing such API, but maybe we should overwork
  EM Interface in general (f.e. only delivering the infos about the last
4 versions, elder versions might be fetched on request in the import
dialogue for specifix extensions)

regards

Steffen