[TYPO3-dev] Trouble with Hide default translation of page

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Mar 23 09:24:19 CET 2009

Hi Uschi,

> So, is there a way to
> a) show those pages in menus of the default language and other languages
?

You will need my pending patch in core list:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10432

> b) to tell which language is the default language for this page. I need
> a way how mortal nonadmin users can do this. I am thinking of a field in
> pages that tells us about the prefered language to go to if the default
> is hidden.

Let's say the default is English, it has no sys_language record. The
trick is to create a sys_language record for English and use the
disableLanguage to hide the sys_language that correspond to a default
language for your subtree.

Then a few lines of TS and you switch the sys_language to be used
according to the &L parameter. I described this somewhere but I do not
have time to search for it right now. Please say if you need more
information on this.

> We are on 4.3, using TV and cooluri.

You will need my corresponding pending patch in TV list (should be
accepted once the 10432 patch in core list is committed.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html