[TYPO3-dev] RTE config also for extensions like tt_news

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Mar 18 09:28:19 CET 2009

Hi Stan,

Stanislas Rolland schrieb:
> Hi Steffen,

> I think this should work. What exactly does not work?

some of the other scopes like RTE.mutuallyExclusiveClasses, RTE.fonts etc.

>> I had an error of page levels (config wasn't passed to data-folder)
>>
>> So most now works with this line above, but still something is missing.
> What is missing?

see above ;-)

>> I'ts hard work to get all done with rte config, i'd also fights with
>> dam (no pics in FE) and table class.
>> Is that really needed? To get table classes work i need
>> lib.parseFunc_RTE.externalBlocks.table.stdWrap.HTMLparser.tags.table.fixAttrib.class.list
>>  >
> This is due to the default configuration provided by CSS Styled Content,
> not by the RTE. CSS Styled Content sets a default list of classes for
> tables as "contenttable". I am not sure why. Perhaps for backward
> compatibility. But if you think it is wrong, please submit the issue as
> feature/bug entry into the bugtracker under project css_styled_content.

i defenitively will do. This configuration line is something for the
guiness records but not for the TS setup :-)

>> to get pics with DAM in FE i needed
>> lib.parseFunc_RTE.tags.img >
> What version of TYPO3? You should not need this line unless there is a
> bug (I think a similar issue was fixed in 4.2). This line will break the
> rendering of the title/alt attributes of the img tag when DAM is used.
> It will also break the rendering of click enlarge on images inserted in
> the RTE. If there is a bug, please report it against core content
> rendering or against the RTE.

i run 4.2.6 and DAM 1.1.0. I'm sure this is caused by a dam bug, but as
it is within projects i have no time now to spend a lot of time on this.
Yes, title and alt attributes are missing, and this can only be
temporary, but i searched a half day for the cause of this misbehaviour.

btw - i really miss caption and css class for image in RTE dialog, may
be i can do a patch during next phase of this project.

>> I must say that i near going crazy by config this all, and i don't do
>> this since yesterday - how should a beginner check such things?
>>
> Of course, we need to improve the beginner's default configurations.
>
> But there are so many options, and many extensions...

Some time ago i thought about a BE module with visual configuration. The
simple things could be done there - what do you think of drag&drop for
the buttons, classes, blockstyles etc and configuration is written to
file? :-)

vg Steffen