[TYPO3-dev] RTE config also for extensions like tt_news

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Wed Mar 18 08:26:00 CET 2009

Hi Steffen,

>>> i'm puzzled, as i want to use exact TS setting for RTEs also in
>>> extensions as my RTE config for normal CEs.
>>>
>>> So i tried this:
>>> RTE.config.tt_news.bodytext < RTE.default
>>>
>>> but it doesn't work. What's wrong? I don't want to configure each
>>> extension using an RTE ...
I think this should work. What exactly does not work?

> I had an error of page levels (config wasn't passed to data-folder)
>
> So most now works with this line above, but still something is missing.
What is missing?

> I'ts hard work to get all done with rte config, i'd also fights with dam
> (no pics in FE) and table class.
> Is that really needed? To get table classes work i need
> lib.parseFunc_RTE.externalBlocks.table.stdWrap.HTMLparser.tags.table.fixAttrib.class.list
>  >
This is due to the default configuration provided by CSS Styled Content,
not by the RTE. CSS Styled Content sets a default list of classes for
tables as "contenttable". I am not sure why. Perhaps for backward
compatibility. But if you think it is wrong, please submit the issue as
feature/bug entry into the bugtracker under project css_styled_content.

> to get pics with DAM in FE i needed
> lib.parseFunc_RTE.tags.img >
What version of TYPO3? You should not need this line unless there is a
bug (I think a similar issue was fixed in 4.2). This line will break the
rendering of the title/alt attributes of the img tag when DAM is used.
It will also break the rendering of click enlarge on images inserted in
the RTE. If there is a bug, please report it against core content
rendering or against the RTE.

> I must say that i near going crazy by config this all, and i don't do
> this since yesterday - how should a beginner check such things?

Of course, we need to improve the beginner's default configurations.

But there are so many options, and many extensions...

Cheers,
Stanislas