[TYPO3-dev] SQL errors in Install Tool in TRUNK (possibly related to new cache system?)

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Mar 6 23:20:51 CET 2009

Hi Francois,

>> I thought I would already post something before signing off for the
>> week-end ;-)
>
> Lightning is not supposed to strike twice at the same place, but it
> sometimes strikes just after one hits the "Send" button ;-)
>
> I found out that the problem is related to extension devlog being
> installed. What I suppose happens is that there's a call to
> t3lib::devLog() during the cache initialisation. But at that point
> there's no connection to the DB yet. So when extension devlog is called
> by the hook in t3lib::devLog() it tries to write to the database and fails.
>
> So I suppose it's just a question of testing inside the devlog extension
> whether the TYPO3_DB object already exists.

Thanks for investigating this.

I'm switching back and forth 4.2 and trunk and today I tried again my
current development state on trunk and I found those warnings too. I did
not take time finding out what was the cause and switched back to 4.2.

Have a nice w-e

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en