[TYPO3-dev] SQL errors in Install Tool in TRUNK (possibly related to new cache system?)

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Mar 6 23:13:37 CET 2009

Hi,

> I thought I would already post something before signing off for the
> week-end ;-)

Lightning is not supposed to strike twice at the same place, but it
sometimes strikes just after one hits the "Send" button ;-)

I found out that the problem is related to extension devlog being
installed. What I suppose happens is that there's a call to
t3lib::devLog() during the cache initialisation. But at that point
there's no connection to the DB yet. So when extension devlog is called
by the hook in t3lib::devLog() it tries to write to the database and fails.

So I suppose it's just a question of testing inside the devlog extension
whether the TYPO3_DB object already exists.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter