[TYPO3-dev] DB Performance Problems (fe_sessions table)

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Fri Mar 6 21:31:37 CET 2009

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Susanne Moog wrote:
>> Slow queries went done by 90% after fixing indexes and tuning some
>> extensions.
>
> Some? ;) This is not very helpful in case if someone else runs into the same problem :) If it is not confidential, may be you can share the information? :)

*g* Being confidential is part of the problem, the other problem is: I
just don't have exact facts and figures here... oh and "some" extensions
meant some of our own custom ones that were especially designed for this
website. We had no problems with extensions from ter.

>> MySQL server load is at 40% compared to the average value before the
>> optimization (but that's mostly because of t3p_scalable I guess).
>>
>> MySQL threads are at 10-15%.
>>
>>> I'm wondering which kind of improvement you got from t3p_scalable...
>> Well... not really a "true" performance improvement, but we are
>> successfully using two database for TYPO3 now, which means less load on
>> each.
>
> How many hits do you have daily? It looks like you have some setup problems if you get such performance problems. Unless if you have a very old hardware and very little memory...

New hardware, clustered frontend server, special fileserver for static
files, special db server with I don't know how much but more than 20 GB
memory... and I haven't seen (wasn't allowed) any hit statistics... I am
more like the messenger about this problem... sorry :(

Susanne