[TYPO3-dev] DB Performance Problems (fe_sessions table)

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Mar 6 20:55:12 CET 2009

Hi!

Susanne Moog wrote:
> Slow queries went done by 90% after fixing indexes and tuning some
> extensions.

Some? ;) This is not very helpful in case if someone else runs into the same problem :) If it is not confidential, may be you can share the information? :)

> MySQL server load is at 40% compared to the average value before the
> optimization (but that's mostly because of t3p_scalable I guess).
>
> MySQL threads are at 10-15%.
>
>> I'm wondering which kind of improvement you got from t3p_scalable...
>
> Well... not really a "true" performance improvement, but we are
> successfully using two database for TYPO3 now, which means less load on
> each.

How many hits do you have daily? It looks like you have some setup problems if you get such performance problems. Unless if you have a very old hardware and very little memory...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team