[TYPO3-dev] Javascript Minify-Manager

Sebastian Gebhard s.gebhard at markenmotiv.de
Thu Mar 5 13:01:35 CET 2009

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Firsts, minification feature is already implemented in TYPO3 4.2. Secondly, there is an extension that can minify/combine JS and CSS files together.
Where is it implemented? What's the extensions name?
> The drawback of such things is that they happen at runtime, thus making the performance of the server worse. Minification of the JavaScript using PHP is extremely inefficient. When possible it should be done separately before deploying the site.
Did you read my post fully? Maybe I did not make it clear enough but in
most cases with my approach the JS of a single page is only minified
ONCE and that file is used permanently until something is changed.
I also thought about often changing javascript. E.g. you have an
extension which produces some JS which is different each time you call
the page. All this "flighty" JS should not go into the merged file, so
that the merged file can be used over a long time.
> Also see my today's article:
> http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/cheap-ways-to-increase-performance-of-a-typo3-web-site.html
Thanks, I really like your articles.