[TYPO3-dev] FYI: comparing execution speed of some php functions

Niels Pardon mail at niels-pardon.de
Sun Jun 28 16:38:49 CEST 2009

Hi Benni!

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> so, regarding the comparisons between static and object-methods in
> classes, I think there would be a huge improvement if we'd do:
>
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DIV']->intExplode()
>
> instead of the existing static calls to t3lib_div... right?

Take a look at Rupert's script and at [1]. Rupert tried accessing a
method which was not declared as being static with a static method call.
[1] says that this is slower than a static method call to a method which
is declared as static. This is what Rupert proved with his test.

Greets,

Niels

[1] http://ilia.ws/files/phptek2007_performance.pdf - Slide 33-34