[TYPO3-dev] FYI: comparing execution speed of some php functions

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun Jun 28 15:46:13 CEST 2009

Hi,

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Rupi,
>
> so, regarding the comparisons between static and object-methods in
> classes, I think there would be a huge improvement if we'd do:
>
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DIV']->intExplode()
>
> instead of the existing static calls to t3lib_div... right?

yes. This also is the possibility to split the class.
As there are so many static calls also outside core i suggest to create
a new singleton class (eg t3lib_lib) which instances the splitted
classes like
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DIV']
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_ARRAY'] (singleton of t3lib/div/class.t3lib_array.php)
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_UEL']   (singleton of t3lib/div/class.t3lib_url.php)
etc.

what do you think?

vg Steffen