[TYPO3-dev] Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Jun 27 15:47:55 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

Steffen Müller schrieb:
> On 26.06.2009 11:13 Francois Suter wrote:
>> Is this really the end result? I'm truly disappointed :-(
>
> Some are, some are not.
>
> IMHO the topic could be solved with shorter release cycles.

Indeed. I prefer a system of the same speed and the same quality over
one which probably breaks things.

There is nothing to loose if we won't apply the patch, but there is a
lot of trust to loose if we do and it turns out to fail.

And just to make that clear: Do not overestimate the gain of this very
improvement. It is not half as much as the time that was spent in this
whole discussion. In fact, you won't notice any improvement on a page
which is already cached. Which should be the case for most parts of your
website anyway...

(I hope this is the) end of discussion.

- michael
--