[TYPO3-dev] Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Jun 26 18:26:40 CEST 2009

Hi,

> 4.2.x will be around for the time it is maintained. Which is [release
> date of 4.3.0 + 1 year]. Everyone after this point happens at your own
> risk.

Once upon a time, the release rate was 1x/year, I guess the maintenance
time may be adapted to something like 18 months if we remember 4.2 and
what is quickly be the same for 4.3...

Because in the past the old stable branch was maintained until the
next-to-next release was out, not strictly speaking 1 year after.

> If users want new features, they will have to update to version 4.3.
> Simple as that.

Won't come again on what is a "feature" and what is a "bugfix" but I
completely agree with the group that wants the rule of not accepting
speed enhancements with so tiny risk to be overcome in some very well
analyzed cases like this one.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en