[TYPO3-dev] Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jun 24 10:00:49 CEST 2009

Rupert Germann wrote: on 23.06.2009 22:31:

> again:
> Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

Can it potentially break something? A new "cache" in my eyes can, even
if it looks inoffensive at first. Which is why I am also against it.

The idea of a TER extension "typo3_42_speed" with the patched XCLASSes
is the best compromise in my eyes.

I agree with Stucki that it is not possible to have a democratic vote
here, because a great share of important TYPO3 users (mostly customers,
hosters, etc) aren't even following this threads. They just expect minor
releases to "work" and improve security.

Cheers,
Ernesto