[TYPO3-dev] Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

Lars Houmark lars at typo3.org
Fri Jun 26 13:22:11 CEST 2009

On 2009-06-26 06:12:46 -0500, Ingmar Schlecht <ingmar at typo3.org> said:

> I really think this patch should be made available by an XCLASS
> extension. Anybody going to do it?

With the potential of breaking even more in the future (for the ones
using it = a lot it seems), if a bug is fixed in the same code.

Great!

I too is dissapointed bigtime, that it is needed to be THIS strict
instead of trying to move on.

I hoped my draft would put the general opinion and a method together
that everyone could accept, and that we could start working with the
draft right about now and then finish the texting like on the next core
team meeting or similar.

In all the time everyone will spend patching for the improvements they
could provide new code to the project, but instead they have to spend
time on boring work that they could have been without if we loosened up
a bit. Even if you really want to, it is really difficult to find a
good argument for not accepting this one.

--
Lars Houmark
Member of the TYPO3 Security Team