[TYPO3-dev] Are performance improvements part of maintaince releases?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 26 10:50:54 CEST 2009

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> But based on this discussion, I think we should form general rules as
> Lars proposed, and decide based on that in the future.

This is a very dangerous situation:
1. a rule is made based on concensus
2. a situation arises where a rule is applicable, but by many people
considered to be unfair
3. the rule is applied, because the rule is there. Argument: this is the
rule and in the past there was consensus that the rule was correct.

In a larger context: a judge (at least in the Netherlands) has to apply
the law, but also has to see that the result is fair, just and reasonable.

So, rules should only be guidelines and each situation must still be
evaluated properly to see if it is desirable to apply those rules in
that case.

Regards,

--
Jigal van Hemert.