[TYPO3-dev] Bugfixing download counter of TER

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Jun 22 15:12:44 CEST 2009

>> Hey folks,
>> does any one know, why the download counter is not working correctly?
>> I think if it's not working as it should, we should disable it,
>> since it might confuse people or take wrong decisions...
>
> Simple:
> The counts need to be seen across the mirrors of the TER.
> IIRC the counter displayed is the one from typo3.org.
> So if someone randomly get mirror A those downloads won't be counted.
> On the other hand this also means that the real download numbers are
> WAY higher than displayed.

Well - it seems that after a certain date around autumn of last year the
counter has been stopped completely, since each extension, that has got a
version with a date later than that, currently got a count of 0 downloads
for that particular version.

So there might be
a) a problem with the mirroring so that extension are not downloaded from
typo3.org anymore but from mirrors only
b) a problem with the counter on typo3.org itself

IMHO it would be better stop showing the counter at all regardless of a) or
b), since the users might get a wrong impression of the quality/acceptance
of latest extension versions.

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian