[TYPO3-dev] Bugfixing download counter of TER

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Mon Jun 22 13:48:41 CEST 2009

Steffen Ritter schrieb:
> Hey folks,
> does any one know, why the download counter is not working correctly?
> I think if it's not working as it should, we should disable it, since it
> might confuse people or take wrong decisions...

Simple:
The counts need to be seen across the mirrors of the TER.
IIRC the counter displayed is the one from typo3.org.
So if someone randomly get mirror A those downloads won't be counted.
On the other hand this also means that the real download numbers are WAY
higher than displayed.

> For example there are extensions which "seems" not be downloaded ever.
> Even If i know that only me downloaded it several times through webpage
> and ExtMgm...

Makes sense, taking the architecture into account.

cheers
Mathias

--
TYPO3 certified intregator