[TYPO3-dev] Problem with an RTE Button for an extension

Stephen Bungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Thu Jun 18 11:02:10 CEST 2009

I'm trying to make a button for the RTE for an extension that I'm writing,

I used the dummy button extension as a basis for it. It works ok, when I click the button the popup appears. My problem is that I want to use the button to let people make a link to a record from my extension. When I try and include /typo3/browser.php (or anything else for that matter, init.php, template.php) the url in the popup gets altered:

This is the url that appears in the popup's address bar when I don't try and include anything:

http://localhost/stephen/bungert.co.uk/typo3conf/ext/gamebook/extensions/GbSecSelection/popups/gbSecSelec.php?&RTEtsConfigParams=tt_content%3A116%3Abodytext%3A1%3Atext%3A1%3A&editorNo=data[tt_content][116][bodytext]&sys_language_content=0&contentTypo3Language=false&contentTypo3Charset=iso-8859-1

However when I include something:

require ('../../../../../../typo3/browser.php');

The url gets changed for some reason to:

http://localhost/stephen/bungert.co.uk/typo3conf/ext/gamebook/extensions/GbSecSelection/ptypo3/gbSecSelec.php

The query strings are gone and the path gets changed after GbSecSelection: popups becomes ptypo3.

What causes this? Is it not possible to include files like this?