[TYPO3-dev] Removing "enable extension without reviews" checkbox

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Wed Jun 17 08:35:41 CEST 2009

JoH asenau a écrit :

> The checkbox is something like the famous "I Agree" button, but if it will
> be there it has to be actively clicked by the user, to make sure he was
> informed about the risk. Otherwise users might try to file a law suit
> against the T3A, because the box was activated without their knwoledge,
> which would be bad anyway regardless of its outcome

a) This would be against the GPL at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html#SEC2
"Also, for each author's protection and ours, we want to make certain
that everyone understands that there is no warranty for this free software!"

b) The checkbox is only for 'security reviews'. It does not stand for a
proof for a working extension without any severe bugs.

- Franz