[TYPO3-dev] The future of pibase?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Jun 9 10:01:48 CEST 2009

André Spindler schrieb:
> Hello!
>
> Now you can read at every place about FLOW3, TYPO3 5.0, exbase and fluid.
> Currently I develop all my (new) extensions with lib/div, but there is still
> a question left:
> Will tslib_pibase (or ist successor) be still included in TYPO3 5.0?

No, it wouldn't make any sense in the context of v5.

Masi

> Currently I dont't know if extbase is a replacement for pibase or an
> additional way of adding a plugin.

In a way both. tslib_pibase will not go away as a removal would break
all existing plugins. But of course you are encouraged to create new
plugins based on ExtBase to have a smoother start when v5 is out.

> But this means that there have to been ported also the most of the
> extensions - a lot of work, especially for professional developers and web
> agencies when migrating to TYPO3 5.0.

Exactly, so - as I have said - tslib_pibase will stay.

Masi