[TYPO3-dev] The future of pibase?

André Spindler typo3 at andre-spindler.de
Tue Jun 9 09:38:27 CEST 2009

Hello!

Now you can read at every place about FLOW3, TYPO3 5.0, exbase and fluid.
Currently I develop all my (new) extensions with lib/div, but there is still
a question left:
Will tslib_pibase (or ist successor) be still included in TYPO3 5.0? I
haven't found any detailed news about it. Or have I missed something?
Currently I dont't know if extbase is a replacement for pibase or an
additional way of adding a plugin.

I would prefer to stop the support of pibase to get rid of some [or a lot?]
strange extensions and to force programmers to produce "good" code (is it
possible to reach that?) ;-)
But this means that there have to been ported also the most of the
extensions - a lot of work, especially for professional developers and web
agencies when migrating to TYPO3 5.0.

Greetings,
André Spindler

André Spindler