[TYPO3-dev] Field type in MM-tables

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jul 24 16:24:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

Steffen Müller schrieb:

> I think I wasn't precise enough.
>
> The problem here is not the name of an Extbase MM table, but the max
> lenght of 30 in the 'tablenames' column of _any_ existing MM table. The
> data in this column is the table name of an entity, for example
> 'tx_blogexample_domain_model_tag', which would be too long in this case
> (31 characters).

remember that the value "30" is set from kickstarter, feel free to
change it.

> @Steffen
> I'm not familiar with the DBAL stuff because it's an untouchable
> blackbox for me. How could DBAL help here? Using internal table alias?
> Please bring in some lights.

DBAL has a feature for mapping tablenames. It works like this:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['dbal']['mapping'] = array(
     'tx_myextension_domain_model_mytablename_relations_mm' => array(
         ’mapTableName’ => ’tx_myext_shortmm’,
     ),
);

for sure the real tablename is tx_myext_shortmm then, but you can use
the long one to call this.

vg Steffen