[TYPO3-dev] Field type in MM-tables

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Fri Jul 24 16:18:31 CEST 2009

Hi.

On 23.07.2009 22:46 Jochen Rau wrote:
> There is no naming scheme for mm tables in extbase. It is all defined in
> $TCA as usual

I regard the table names of blogexample as a convention.

> My personal preference is something like
>
> "tx_blogexample_post_tag_mm"

I think I wasn't precise enough.

The problem here is not the name of an Extbase MM table, but the max
lenght of 30 in the 'tablenames' column of _any_ existing MM table. The
data in this column is the table name of an entity, for example
'tx_blogexample_domain_model_tag', which would be too long in this case
(31 characters).

@Steffen
I'm not familiar with the DBAL stuff because it's an untouchable
blackbox for me. How could DBAL help here? Using internal table alias?
Please bring in some lights.

--
cheers,
Steffen