[TYPO3-dev] Discuss - RFC #11474: Store separate extlist for the frontend

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Sat Jul 18 13:05:14 CEST 2009

Hi,

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] schrieb:
> Ok, more heretically asking... does performance really matter for CRON
> jobs?

Yes, performance for CLI scripts matters in two ways:

1. Yesterday, one of my customers complained about a CLI script (not a
cron job) taking too long. (Okay, that was a run-once importer script
that read thousands of files, but still.) :-)

2. Running the CLI script will take away performance from the system,
e.g. it will make the web server respond slower.

As far as I understand it, having this "mode switch" for extensions will
allow us to also have the mode "CLI" in it without much work. So I'd
prefer to go the way completely. :-)

Oliver