[TYPO3-dev] Static tables missing countries

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Jul 16 11:47:27 CEST 2009

Hi,

> it appears that Static Table Countries are missing the following
> countries:  England, Scotland, Wales and NOrthern Ireland
>
> I did got some 'funny' comments from my client about that :D
>
> Anybody what to shed a light on this???

Well, it's kind a tricky. There are not really countries. They are part
of the United Kingdom. They have some indepedence, like local
parliaments and such, but they don't have their passports or their own
army, for example. In some sport events, they also appear as countries
(like in soccer and rugby).

But strictly speaking they are not countries, as can be checked in the
list of country ISO codes:

http://www.iso.org/iso/english_country_names_and_code_elements

No Scotland or Wales there... so it wouldn't even be possible to fill
the static_countries table properly.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter