[TYPO3-dev] 0008280: "Broken rootline" error when creating new page in Draft workspaces

Sergii Khomenko sergii at nmediasystems.com
Fri Jul 3 12:50:13 CEST 2009

Hi Benni,

Thanks for the feedback.

I've tried to apply the patch and changed the code of the function as
mentioed in bugtracker to;
I just tried to apply teh patch as suggested, so the fixed code of the
function looks like:

    function whichWorkspace($returnTitle = FALSE) {
        if ($this->doWorkspacePreview()) {
            $ws = intval($this->workspacePreview);
        } elseif ($GLOBALS['BE_USER'] && $GLOBALS['BE_USER']->workspace) {
            $ws = $GLOBALS['BE_USER']->workspace;
        } else return FALSE;

        if ($returnTitle) {
            if ($ws===-1) {
                return 'Default Draft Workspace';
            } else {
                $res = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_SELECTquery('title',
'sys_workspace', 'uid='.intval($ws));
                if ($row = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->sql_fetch_assoc($res)) {
                    return $row['title'];
                }
            }
        } else {
            return $ws;
        }
    }

Unfortunattely, the patch didn't fix the problem. To reproduce the bug:
1. Switch to draft WS
2. Try to change properties of a page and you should see the error now...

TYPO3 4.2.6
RealURL disabled
PHP 5.1

I posted this to the bugtracker, is there anything else to do to rich the
folks who can look at this?
Thanks

Sergii