[TYPO3-dev] RFC: Fully rewritten doc_core_services

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sun Feb 22 15:10:47 CET 2009

Hi Francois,

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to all for reading and making suggestions.
>
> I have to think some more about putting a full example code in the
> manual. First of all the little bits that I included for the moment are
> just some dummy code fragments. I don't have a fully-working service of
> this king (language) to show. The thing is that there are many different
> kind of services, so I'm not sure that showing one is really that
> enlightening.
>
> What I would rather do is have a chapter dedicated to authentication
> services, since the auth mechanism is part of core. However that
> requires some more work as I must dig (again) in the auth process to be
> sure of what I write (but boy, you do learn a lot when writing manuals!).

i think an example of an alternative auth service would be a great
example. This is done by a few lines, so it isn't a big deal. Also there
could be mention some specials of this auth thing in core (some you
mentioned already like 200/100 etc)

> I still need to do my own proof-reading, but I think I will release this
> version more or less as is and add to it later, otherwise it will never
> get release.

yes please. It's much better than existing one, and you can release
updates if there is something new.

vg Steffen