[TYPO3-dev] RFC: Fully rewritten doc_core_services

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sun Feb 22 14:51:03 CET 2009

Hi,

Thanks to all for reading and making suggestions.

I have to think some more about putting a full example code in the
manual. First of all the little bits that I included for the moment are
just some dummy code fragments. I don't have a fully-working service of
this king (language) to show. The thing is that there are many different
kind of services, so I'm not sure that showing one is really that
enlightening.

What I would rather do is have a chapter dedicated to authentication
services, since the auth mechanism is part of core. However that
requires some more work as I must dig (again) in the auth process to be
sure of what I write (but boy, you do learn a lot when writing manuals!).

I still need to do my own proof-reading, but I think I will release this
version more or less as is and add to it later, otherwise it will never
get release.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter