[TYPO3-dev] bug 10502 - IPmaskList - shows just white page instead of BE-Login

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Feb 20 11:49:14 CET 2009

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> i can confirm this.
>>
>> The problem occurs in init.php where this condition is true all the time:
>>
>> if (trim($TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['IPmaskList']) &&
>> !(defined('TYPO3_cliMode') && TYPO3_cliMode))
>
> But I think this is ok. A misconfigured security measure should result
> in a denied access.

yes, it's ok.

> Of course a blank screen is never helpful. TYPO3 should send the
> appropriate HTTP header for "access denied" and log the configuration error.
>
> Masi

yeah. This is done without access:
header('Status: 404 Not Found');	// Send Not Found header - if the
webserver can make use of it...
header('Location: http://');	// Just point us away from here...
	exit;	// ... and exit good!

better would be to display a message instead redirect to empty url.

vg Steffen