[TYPO3-dev] devlog severities

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Thu Feb 19 18:02:04 CET 2009

Hi.

On 19.02.2009 16:36 Francois Suter wrote:

> I use the devlog a lot. I don't log only problems or errors. I also log
> when things go right. So the "ok" status is definitely useful. Moreover
> don't forget that we are talking about general descriptions of the
> message levels. Such descriptions do not only concern the devlog, but
> also the syslog, where the "ok" also makes perfect sense.
>
> It is rather the "info" status that could be consider as real debugging
> information, because it's not related to a true status.

IMHO debug is not necessarily limited to problems/errors (negative
interpretation -> there's something wrong). It could also inform about
things which are working well (positive information -> everything's
running well).

So no conflict when renaming Ok to Debug.

--
cheers,
Steffen

http://www.t3node.com/