[TYPO3-dev] devlog severities

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Thu Feb 19 16:36:43 CET 2009

Hi,

> I also plead for renaming Ok to Debug, which meaning is much clearer for
> developers than Ok is.

I don't agree with that (and maybe that will also answer the other
Steffen's remark about "ok" status being useless).

I use the devlog a lot. I don't log only problems or errors. I also log
when things go right. So the "ok" status is definitely useful. Moreover
don't forget that we are talking about general descriptions of the
message levels. Such descriptions do not only concern the devlog, but
also the syslog, where the "ok" also makes perfect sense.

It is rather the "info" status that could be consider as real debugging
information, because it's not related to a true status.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter