[TYPO3-dev] plans for 4.2 end of life

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Feb 18 16:38:15 CET 2009

Hi Pekue,

reading through this topic I think it has nothing to do with the subject
anymore. 4.2 will receive bugfixes for one year after 4.3 plus security
fixes for the lifetime of one more version.

Peter Kuehn [wmdb] schrieb:
>> I don't understand what saving a TStemplate in the wrong module
>> means.
> short version: every saving of data in "web > template" does a clear all
> cache.

Indeed. There should be a better logic that knows which pages are
affected, however that is probably pretty delicate and requires a lot of
testing. In my opinion it is not a bug that would qualify for a
patch-level release because it requires to change concepts.

Instead, someone should start to implement this change (be it a feature
or a bug doesn't matter) and propose it for Trunk.

I suggest that once the feature is committed, you can manually backport
this for your customers version.

The alternative and simple version of all this is that you implement a
second button "safe without clearing the cache" and let the developer
decide.

In any case I consider the local change much easier than waiting for 4.3
or risking weird behaviours on all other sites...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out