[TYPO3-dev] Strange md5 hash problem

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Wed Feb 18 02:39:52 CET 2009

Hi Steffen,
> On 17.02.2009 07:16 Christian Lerrahn wrote:
> > I have a very strange problem on a site that runs on T3 4.2.6. I
> > cannot log in to neither the BE nor the installer. Now, the strange
> > thing is that when I enter a password in the installer, instead of
> > the md5 hash of what I have entered, an empty line will be
> > displayed with the failure message. So, it seems that the md5 hash
> > is actually not
>
> I have experienced the same behaviour, but only with IE6/7 and Safari
> 3.2.2. FF2/FF32 and Opera 9.6 work well.
> Can you confirm this?

Unfortunately I cannot confirm that. I'm experiencing the problem with
FF 3.0.6 (Linux) but just testing it again after having switched from
T3 4.2.2 to 4.2.6 it suddenly works now. However, while this seems to
indicate a caching issue, I made an effort to clear all caches (T3,
browser, deleted all temporary files) before and it still didn't work.
No clue what happened there and why it was 100% reproducible at first
and is now not reproducible at all. :( It also works in Opera, now, but
I didn't try that before when it didn't work in FF.

Cheers,
Christian