[TYPO3-dev] Strange md5 hash problem

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Tue Feb 17 21:39:29 CET 2009

On 17.02.2009 19:11 Steffen Müller wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On 17.02.2009 07:16 Christian Lerrahn wrote:
>> I have a very strange problem on a site that runs on T3 4.2.6. I cannot
>> log in to neither the BE nor the installer. Now, the strange thing is
>> that when I enter a password in the installer, instead of the md5 hash
>> of what I have entered, an empty line will be displayed with the
>> failure message. So, it seems that the md5 hash is actually not
>
> I have experienced the same behaviour, but only with IE6/7 and Safari
> 3.2.2. FF2/FF32 and Opera 9.6 work well.
> Can you confirm this?
>
> The behaviour is a bit odd, because I could not reproduce this issue on
> a different site running 4.2.6.

It has nothing to do with md5(), it's a cookie thing.

I did some packet sniffing and it reveals that IE behaves odd with one
of my websites.

Logging into the install tool triggers a POST request, which also
contains the install tool cookie:

POST /typo3/install/index.php HTTP/1.1
Cookie: Typo3InstallTool_key=bc4846e59ba12d12ad3cccdde1971493

On the mentioned website, the Cookie is never sent by IE and that's why
install tool does not work.

--
cheers,
Steffen