[TYPO3-dev] Admin-Log: Where are the entries coming from?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Feb 13 18:24:47 CET 2009

Hi,

>> I wonder how this should work: As you can see in my initial posting
>> the entries are already particularly translated (for example
>> "Datensatz x wurde aktualisiert.").
>> So at the moment you can not rely on the wording as the texts are
>> already changing with the language.
>> And this mixture of denglish really looks bad.
>
> agreed, this is bad. That however, doesn't mean we should make it even
> worse...

I did not double check but having "Datensatz x wurde aktualisiert" seems
that some core parts are already using proper localization. Meaning that
this should be made eventually for the whole core.

Now, you argue that some extensions may rely on the wording. I do not
know who would do that as I'm sure there's nothing is the core doing
that already. Using wording of a log cannot be justified except for
shell scripts. There is enough Exceptions and return codes when invoking
other extension's methods or core's methods.

Just my 2 cents though.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en