[TYPO3-dev] Change in BE context menus?

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Fri Feb 13 13:15:48 CET 2009

Hi,
due to the security problems in 4.2.5, I updated several installs of
4.2.3 to 4.2.6. Now, one of the editors tells me that the behaviour of
the BE context menu has changed. If I now click on a page icon in
the page tree and select "Edit", I'll end up with the page properties,
just as if I had selected "Edit page properties". "Edit" used to
take me to the page or list view as if I had clicked on the page
title.
Given the redundancy, I'm wondering if this change was intentional. It
does certainly confuse editors who used to go through the menu (for
whatever reason). Is this a bug? Should I report it on the bug tracker
instead of posting here?

Cheers,
Christian