[TYPO3-dev] Changing TCA for certain BE users/groups

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Fri Feb 13 11:59:47 CET 2009

Hi,
> I am looking for a way to alter TCA on a BE users/groups base.
>
> The solution I have looks a bit oversized to me, so I'm asking you, if
> there's a smarter way which does the trick?
>
> In the example below, there's an extension with a field 'myfield' in
> table 'my_ext_tbl'. The field is visible for all BE users, but
> readOnly=1 is the default value in tca.php. Only a special group (or
> admin) should be allowed to edit this field.
> Any suggestions?

might not be the nicest way, but how about adding a additional field in
TCA displaying the result from a userFunc which is returning the
"readOnly" part?

Another way might be to use the tceforms 'getMainFieldsClass' hook and
modify the field settings right there. I used this hook once to provide
a different flexform for extension configuration to editors, as there is
no way to exclude fields from flexforms yet, right? But that's a
different story.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch