[TYPO3-dev] License issues

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Feb 5 17:09:07 CET 2009

Hi!

Christian Welzel wrote:
> If defining rules for what someone considers "free" software is stupid,
> then i agree, debian
> is stupid. I'm happy that people other then you dont think so.

Well, I am pragmatic. If Debian has principles that limit my use of the products, I do not use Debian. There are plenty good alternatives around.

> I only wanted people to be informed about consequences when mixing
> several licenses.
> That is an issue that does not only affect debian. Not all "free"
> software is "free".
> And yes, we already had license issues with debian and components of
> TYPO3 before (especially
> with the icons taken from the "silk" icon set).
>
> I do not know, if your opinion about licensing is the general opinion of
> the core team, but

You do know. Read my message again: "...personally I say..."

> if it so this way, we can all be looking forward to license trouble in
> the upcoming future.

You don't. I already answered this question twice. You can find it in this thread.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team