[TYPO3-dev] extJS library

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Feb 5 10:12:21 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>>> * a global Data-store that delivers result in json format, easy to
>>> configure, working with DB-class
>>
>> You mean something like a JSON-view for TCA-based tables? This could
>> also be used for other AJAX-frameworks. Though care must be taken
>> because extJS uses special GET variables for remote sorting and paging,
>> which are probably incompatible with other frameworks. But maybe we can
>> make a base class with a derived extJS class.
>>

> The data store object of extJS is a very nice object, i don't know it
> from other JS libs. It allows to bind to data in general, which can be
> database, xml, array or what ever. It's combined with a reader which
> defines how the data is organized. What i have in mind is  a php class
> which sets the properties for data store. It's an object for often reuse
> whenever datastore is needed. Not deep thought yet.

Ok, then we had different ideas. For now I created the necessary JS code
"manually" and didn't think to write PHP generators for every extJS
class/feature.

What I had in mind is to create a reusable/configurable class/script to
feed extJS JSON readers (and maybe XML readers). I guess that there are
typical use cases which can be preconfigured.

Masi