[TYPO3-dev] Inconsistent naming of methods to fetch GET/POST vars all over T3

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Thu Feb 5 09:36:26 CET 2009

Hi,

for me it's quite confusing to find the correct syntax for retrieving
GET/POST values in various situations. For "gettext" values in TS you
need to use "GPvar:stuff" and for TS conditions it's just "GP" or
"_GET"/"_POST" (which are not documented) to retrieve a value from
$_GET/$_POST.

Even more confusing is, that t3lib_div::GPvar is now deprecated in TYPO3
4.3 and t3lib_div::_GP should be used, but the gettext syntax is still
"GPvar".

So we currently have different namings all over TYPO3 and it's really
hard to remember the correct syntax to be used in certain places.

How do you feel about that? Should this be cleaned up, aliases with
consistent naming be provided and old names be defined as deprecated?

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch