[TYPO3-dev] New media element in 4.3 & start image

Sonja Scholz ss at cabag.ch
Tue Dec 22 08:37:08 CET 2009

Hello everyone,

I use the new media element of 4.3 and the flash video works fine. But
now I want to define a startimage, which should be displayed until the
user klicks the start button.

I read somewhere that the startimage only have to have the same name and
the same path as the flash file and needs to be a jpg. I tried that, but
that doesn't work.

So it tried to set, as described in the documentation, the image in the
custom parameters field like this:

flashvars.image = fileadmin/user_upload/path/image.jpg

But that also doesn't work. I only see the first image of the video and
not the defined image.

Some additional informations from the content element:
Media Type = Video
Render Type = Auto
Media Params -> Allow Fullscreen = On

Doesn anyone know what I did wrong?