[TYPO3-dev] how to suppress edit panels for non-HTML views?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Dec 21 11:10:24 CET 2009

Hi!

My problem is that these properties are set in index_ts.php:

$TSFE->displayEditIcons
$TSFE->displayFieldEditIcons

But that's it. I have no prgrammatically way to disable them in certain situations or for specific
page types. Yet again I run into the problem that my non-HTML content (or HTML-for-PDF-conversion
content) is garbled.

The only hook I found that comes between initialization and the rendering is the data submission
hook. Not really satisfactory. Any ideas?

Masi