[TYPO3-dev] Hard-coded sizelimit for TypoScript inlucde files in t3lib/class.t3lib_tsparser.php->checkIncludeLines

Andreas Kundoch Andreas.Kundoch at mehrwert.de
Sat Dec 5 12:16:31 CET 2009

Am 04.12.09 18:27, schrieb Peter Russ:

> We are not talking about a limit due to integer size or smiliar.
> It was just in TYPO3 hardcoded. And there was no way to edit files
> directly larger than 100k without xclassing that.
>
> As the way we develop changed I don't care if configurable or not. But
> before it was boring.... And there is no real reason why a file larger
> than 100k should be editable or why it's not configuratble.

Thanks for all feedback! To sum it up: that the limit is documented in
TS Documentation but the number not »really« explained. Seems to be a
limit with a technical background (I'd really like to see such limits
explained in the source right beside the place it's set).

Since I asked because I was mainly courious *why* this was set to the
exact value all of your feedback was helpful - no matter if it's right
to have such large TS files or not, that's another point :-)

Thanks,
Andreas