[TYPO3-dev] Multiple Authors of one extension

Georg Ringer news at ringerge.org
Fri Dec 4 08:23:09 CET 2009

David Bruchmann schrieb:
> Just an example:
>
> Grafic: goofy
> XML: fred feuerstein
> ajax: arielle
> php: micky mouse
>
> So it's clear who has to be contacted in most cases.

There should be one contact who is responsible, who should get the mails
and who is shown there, and as already said by someone else: it still
can be a office at workplace.com or mail at project.com and an internal forward.

I am working in the security team and therefore I am writing to lots of
authors and it is extremly helpful to have just one email address there
because:
* it makes life just simplier
* the chance that I contact the correct person is high

Who should I contact when there is a problem with an ajax response which
is done with XML (common case): All of the 3, just one? This is not
clear at all! The graffic guy is also not the one who is allowed to
upload the extension (I guess) but this is only possible by 1 person (or
at least 1 account)

There is always one responsible person for the outside world! This is
also the case with TYPO3 itself. Even if many many dozen people
contribute to the project there is one member outstanding for every
release and responsible! This makes sense a lot!

Franz Holzinger said:
> Why should more persons contribute to voluntary unpaid work
> if they are not mentioned anywhere?

Because it is for the greater good! I don't contribute core patches or
work dozens of hours every month for the Security Team because I am
mentioned anywhere. I do it for TYPO3 and do make it better!

Inspiring people to share!

There are many good places to give kudos to people (manual, project
website, changelog, code comments, readme) but not in ext_emconf.php

Georg
PS: my last mail in this thread