[TYPO3-dev] Multiple Authors of one extension

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Fri Dec 4 08:15:30 CET 2009

Hey,

> I've got another proposal for extbase_kickstarter:
>
> It should fill in the old fields with the main person and introduce a
> new array with all involved persons. So nothing will break and the data
> is available if someone needs it. And when typo3.org will be relaunched
> at some point they can decide if they take those data into the
> TER-Frontend or not.
I think that's a quite good idea. Personally I didn't expect such a long
discussion on such a simple matter - for me it makes more sense to have
multiple persons, just if you take extbase and Fluid as an example:
In Extbase, Jochen and myself are responsible, while in Fluid, Bastian
and I are. In that case at least it does not make sense to use "just a
single maintainer" because this is just not the case.

For extbase kickstarter I'd currently go with your compromise. I know
that TER needs to be adjusted for the new field, but one has to do this
for doNotLoadInFE anyways, so this could be done at the same place.

Thanks for your work on the extbase kickstarter, I'll have a look right
away (and I think there are much bigger and more fun tasks than the
authors of the extension ;) )

Greets,
Sebastian