[TYPO3-dev] Multiple Authors of one extension

David Bruchmann typo3-dev at bruchmann-web.de
Thu Dec 3 16:41:06 CET 2009

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Georg Ringer <news at ringerge.org>
Gesendet:   Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2009 16:13:49
An:         typo3-dev at lists.typo3.org
CC:
Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-dev] Multiple Authors of one extension
> David Bruchmann schrieb:
>> Nice try, but in my opinion the arguments still are weak and mixed up
>> with personal opinion and prejudgement.
>
> It is everones personal opinion ;)
>
> I just fear to have something like that
> http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5586/ter.gif

Sure, every possibility gives the ability to malpractice.
But
1) most developers are not stupid (I hope ;-) ) and like to have a
welldone presentation of their extension, so they'll reduce the amount
of entries to the importanced. About a limit could be dicussed but I
think Xavier pointed out that it's in interest of the authors to keep it
short anyway. Furthermore a limit on TER could be set but in extensions
it's unlimited.
2) the decision whether to integrate an idea is made on another level
but the kind how Sebastians posting was commented wasn't objective at
all. When someone writes " *in my opinion* it's shit" than it's clear
it's opinion but writing just "keep it simple" sounds like a judgement
of a special person - this is neither the case nor does it respect the
idea and the author.

Best Regards
David